War Risks is a specialist insurance designed to protect ships against loss or malicious damage caused by a third party, which standard hull insurance and P&I insurance choose to exclude.
This typically includes damage or loss caused by:
- war, civil war, revolution, rebellion, insurrection, or any hostile act
- capture, seizure, arrest, restraint or detainment
- derelict weapons of war (mines, torpedoes, bombs )
- strikers, locked-out workmen, riots or civil commotions
- any terrorist or any person acting maliciously or from a political motive
- confiscation or expropriation
- violent theft by persons from outside the vessel
- misconduct of Master, Officers or Crew
- Passenger Liability Regulation (PLR War)
Different facilities are available to members on a mutual and non mutual basis.