Webinar: Standard Club Seafarer Wellbeing Series: A discussion with The Mission to Seafarers
Online, 30 June 2020
To mark the UN Day of the Seafarer, Captain John Dolan, Deputy Director of Loss Prevention, hosted the second webinar in the Standard Club seafarer wellbeing series, together with The Revd Canon Andrew Wright, Secretary General, and Ben Bailey, Director of Advocacy & Regional Engagement of The Mission to Seafarers. The discussion covers various elements of seafarer wellbeing, including the organisation's experience so far in supporting seafarers and their families through the current world health pandemic, key issues and support available from the organisation and wider industry.
The live webinar covered the following topics:
- Key issues for those at sea during current times including;
- Financial concerns,
- Mental wellbeing concerns and support,
- Family support,
- Concerns about returning home,
- The Mission to Seafarers' support and response to COVID-19
- Discussion on what needs to be learned and implemented to further support seafarers and their families including legislation.
- Captain John Dolan, Deputy Director of Loss Prevention at Standard Club
- James Bean, Managing Director at Standard UK
- The Revd Canon Andrew Wright, Secretary General at The Mission to Seafarers
- Ben Bailey, Director of Advocacy & Regional Engagement at The Mission to Seafarers
Watch here. Recorded on Thursday 25 June, 2020 at 12:00pm BST, 19:00pm SGT.